This is an advanced digital world and things get viral in minutes all across the globe. Digital marketing has become very tricky and one cannot simply rely on the traditional marketing practices but you would rather need to focus on new ethical marketing practices.
Being a keen marketer or business manager, you would need great marketing lessons. Google is also teaching newbies in Google Garage.
Read: Evergreen Marketing Tips
What do we mean by Ethical Marketing Practices?
All the moral maxims behind the functioning and regulation of marketing are ethics. Therefore, it is very important that you understand the thin line between ethical and unethical marketing practices. All the unethical practices are discouraged by both community and search engines. You cannot promote your products through unethical marketing for the long term. Either Google would ban you or you shall be getting a lot of criticism from people on social media.
Ethical marketing means making fair claims and meeting the demands of potential and existing clients. It promotes credibility and trust, develops a unique brand loyalty, increases customer keeping, and prompts customers to do some mouth word marketing to spread a word about the products or services you are marketing.
Unethical marketing, on the other hand, can send wrong signals about your products and services, destroy your brand’s repute, and likely to lead to legal issues. This explains why you should you avoid these illegal and unethical marketing practices.
List of unethical marketing types:
Let’s know about the types of advertising that may be unethical. The list includes but not limited to,
- Surrogate Advertising: Indirect advertising of banned products.
- Exaggeration: Making products to seem more important than what they are.
- Puffery: A flattering commendation/approval used for promotional purposes.
- Unverified Claims: False claims regard features of products.
- Stereotyping Women: Women in advertising have often been portrayed as sex objects!!
- False brand comparisons: The company making false claims about their competitors.
- Children in advertising: Kids have huge amounts of advertising without being capable of judging it.
So, it is very important to keep things real! If you are a marketer, you must know the worth of ethical practices. Let us know about your experience in ethical marketing!