A side hustle is a good way to make extra income when working full-time. It allows you to get out of the 9–5 routine and spend more time doing things you enjoy.
If you’re looking for an easy way to earn extra income, consider starting up a side hustle. You can start small by working part-‐time at a local coffee shop or restaurant, then slowly expand into something bigger.
Working for yourself is better than working for someone else although there are some advantages/disadvantages to doing so.
You may like to read: 300+ Ramen Shop Name Ideas To Get You Thirsty For Noodles
Table of Contents
Advantages of Part-timing Business
- Advantages of Part-Timing Businesses
- 24 Unique part-time business ideas
- Translation service
- Hobby classes
- Dance class
- Estate agent
- Career Guidance
- Tour Guide
- Computer repairing
- Home Tuition
- Moving service
- Pet grooming
- Domain seller
- Logo designer
- Stock investor
- Online trainer
- Virtual Assistant
- Deep cleaning services
- Customized gifts
- Deep car cleaning service
- eBay selling
- Pet care services
Advantages of part-time business
- Your company has no guarantee of success until it shows some results.
- You can start your own business in something you’ve always been interested in.
- Use all the skills you’ve acquired at your current job to improve your own personal life.
- Even if your business doesn’t succeed, you can keep doing your current job without any problem.
- It is hard to find time for a side hustle when you’re working full-time.
- If your business isn’t showing any results at first, it may be difficult to stay focused on it.
- If you’re stressed out, stress would be worse.
- You’ll need to file taxes for both your full-time job and your side hustle.
1. Translation service
If you speak more than one language, you can offer translation services to your client in exchange for money.
- Create an account on freelance websites like Fiverr or Upwork and post your gigs there.
- Connect with translators via LinkedIn.
- When you’ve got enough clients, start hiring people with similar skill sets and look for more clients looking for the same services.
- It’ll be a good side hustle if you don’t mind working from home.
2. Hobby classes
If you have a passion for something like sports, music, art, etc., you can turn that into a business by teaching others. Teaching others is one of the best side hustles.
- You can start your own small business by teaching others on weekends.
- Offer them a free trial period for their services.
- If you have more clients, then you can also employ people to teach classes on weekdays.
3. Dance class
There are a lot of people interested in dancing or want to get fit by dancing. If you run an academy for dancers, you can start one.
- Start with your own home by offering lessons at your client’s home.
- You can do this at any time during the day or night.
- You can also hire someone to teach you on weekdays when you have more clients.
- You can start taking clients for free and then charge them later if they’re satisfied with your service.
4. Estate agent
Property sales are another good side hustle idea if you’re looking for something extra income. You can earn some cash by selling properties without having to quit your day jobs.
- Try contacting different property owners and also look at properties that others might be interested in buying.
- Get them both to agree on a good price for their product/service before selling it.
- If you’re lucky enough to get a good offer from an employer, you can often expect far more than what you deserve.
5. Career Guidance
You can help students of 10th and 11th grades by guiding them with your experience of the world. You can do this both online and offline.
- Post ads on any freelance websites and Google, LinkedIn, etc.
- Provide excellent customer services to clients over there and provide good quality guidance for them so that they recommend your company to their friends.
- You could also offer this service at your clients’ homes on weekends.
- Sell something in return for payment.
- It’s a great way to earn extra income from home.
Blogs are among the most popular side hustles because they’re easy to start and can be done from anywhere at any hour.
- You can start writing for others and when you have enough clients, then you can pay other people to write for you.
- Create your website and blog. You can hire writers to create content for you or write your own articles.
- It is a good idea for a side hustle because it requires no initial investment and can be done at any location.
- You can also start out as a content creator in this field.
7. Tour Guide
If you’re living in a city where there are lots of tourist spots, then you could be a tour guide during the weekend.
- It is a good way to earn some extra cash in India because there are lots of tourist destinations in India.
- If you’re looking for a weekend job that doesn’t require too much effort, one of the best weekend jobs is working at a tourist place.
8. Computer repairing
For people who repair computers, this is an excellent way to earn extra income. You can advertise on different websites to generate leads and take on new projects.
- Post your ad on various sites so that you reach a wider audience.
- Work for low wages and provide good service.
- If the business grows, then start hiring employees to work for you during the week.
If you have good speaking abilities and extensive knowledge of any topic, then you can begin your own podcast.
- You can start doing it any time of the day or night.
- Podcasting is becoming increasingly popular, so if you become successful at building up a large audience, you could earn some extra income from it.
- Once you’ve accumulated enough money from doing podcasts, you can start making a full-time income by doing them.
- It is an easy side hustle from anywhere.
10. Home tuition
Home tutoring is quite popular in India.
- You can set up a time-based service for this business.
- Some companies offer work to home tutors who are paid by them in return for their services.
- You can start as an independent home tutor and then expand into running your own coaching business.
- It’s easy to fit into your schedule.
11. Moving service
Moving services aren’t really what they used to be. They’re not just moving your stuff from one location to another, but also help you pack your things so that you can take them with you.
You should understand that packing and unpacking is an art, and if you do it right, you won’t be able to tell where your belongings were moved to. So, training is important, especially when dealing with clients’ property.
- Put advertisements on various websites and share them with people you know.
- Hire part-time employees for your company who are available during non-working hours.
- Charge money for your service.
12. Pet grooming
If you’re a dog lover, then this one’s for you. This business has been very successful in Porsche regions.
- If you’re able to provide grooming services for your client’s homes on the weekend or after your regular job hours, then consider doing so.
- Spread the word by posting ads on various sites and social media platforms.
- You could also set up a pet grooming business in a good location and employ someone to look after animals.
13. Domain seller
It is one of those businesses where you don’t need any special skills. You simply have to purchase domain names for sale and wait until they sell out.
- If you buy domains from these companies, they may have some good deals.
- Post them on social media and let people know they’re on special offers.
- It is an easy and fun way to make some extra cash. Also, it doesn’t require too much time.
14. Logo designer
It’s a good business because you don’t need to do a ton of work on it. All you have to do is listen to what clients want and what’s hot in the industry.
- Place adverts on different freelance sites.
- Be an expert at providing excellent customer service to your clients for low prices.
- There are lots of ways to start a side business without having to invest too much money.
15. Stock investor
Investing in stocks is an excellent way to earn some extra cash if you know something about investing.
- You shouldn’t invest without knowing how to buy and sell shares first.
- Side hustles are a great way to earn extra cash.
- Excellent part-time job in India.
16. Online trainer
You can be a dance instructor, dog training instructor, or fitness instructor depending on your skills. It’s a good side hustle because you don’t need any special equipment.
- Show them your best works so they can see for themselves.
- Make sure you provide excellent customer service so that you get good reviews and recommendations.
- Hire workers to provide home services too.
17. Virtual Assistant
You can manage the client’s files in return for cash. It is a great option for people who are skilled at handling things.
- Find people online who are searching for a virtual assistant.
- Schedule your work so that it doesn’t conflict with your regular schedule.
- A good future business in India.
Personally, I really enjoy providing proofreading services to my clients. If you have good grammar and spelling abilities, then you can offer proofreading services to your client in return for payment.
- Post your profile on several freelance job sites.
- Get in touch with potential clients who need proofreaders.
- When you can work more, hire other employees.
19. Deep cleaning services
Deep Cleaners provide professional housecleaning services for residential properties at affordable prices.
- Deep clean means cleaning everything in a house from top to bottom.
- Hire people who can work on weekends if necessary.
- You can also buy machines that can help you clean things better.
- A weekend business in India that works well for both full-timers and part-timers.
20. Customized gifts
It’s a fun side project, and a great way to test out new skills and learn something new.
- Customize gifts for your customers according to their needs.
- To create social networks for your part-time business, you need to set up accounts on different platforms.
- Try to work on weekends or after your regular business hours.
- A good side hustle idea with low initial costs.
- It’s one of the best female entrepreneurship ideas.
21. Deep car cleaning service
Men like their vehicles, and they want to keep them as clean and tidy as possible. At some stage in time, every man would think of cleaning his car and getting all the dirt out of his body.
- Make sure they know where to find you.
- Give your clients satisfaction by making them happy.
- Try it out on Saturdays when most of them are at home.
22. eBay selling
You can use eBay to purchase and sell items for profit.
- Create an account on eBay.
- Buy products at a low cost from sellers on eBay.
- You could sell them for a higher price on the exact same or another site.
23. Pet care services
Start a small part-time business providing pet grooming services.
- Take care of your pet(s) when they’re at home during the weekend.
- You don’t get paid unless you charge them for it.
- Once you’ve got enough clients, hire someone else to look after their pets during the day.
- Significant portion of time business in India.
You can take pictures of couples at their homes on weekend evenings and charge them for it. It is an innovative new way to earn some extra cash.
- Contact local businesses to offer them services for free in return for a percentage of their sales.
- Charge people for their services.
- If you need help, hire someone else.
Here are some of the best part-timer ideas with low initial investments. Pick anyone that appeals to you or consider browsing through the list of 111+ part-timer ideas for more options.
Once your business starts growing, you can also make it permanent.
You may like to read: Best 10 Trucks for Hotshot Trucking to Get Started