‘Thank you emails after interview’ are thought to be dead. But the fact is, they are still working. In today’s world, most of the interviews are taken through Skype or social media. These interviews seem to be a bit difficult. Although, people take these interviews as the final verdict when the competition is strong then thank you email plays very important role.
Why write a thank you email?
In the hiring process, sometimes the managers find two or more people who have very strong matching skills set. They find it difficult to choose one. There come the creativity and good follow-ups! Keeping in touch with the organization means that you are interested and serious. Isn’t it so?
So, what you need to do? You have to send a thank you email after every single interview. Leaving a polite thank you email is always helpful.
Why the smartest people fail in interviews? Sometimes, the brilliant people fails the interview just because they don’t bother to follow the rules. Hiring managers are always looking for people who are team players. To be a team player, you need to have great communication skills.
Thank you email after phone interview is also very important. Phone interviews are less common, though. You need to make sure that you don’t lose due to lack of communication. These are the small things but matters a lot. When it comes to the business world, things are formal and sometimes complicated as well.
You need to follow this thank you email format:
How should be the email written? It is very easy yet tricky. The best sample thank you email after interview would have the following things.
- Subject line of the email
- Thank you Email body
- Body Content
- End of thank you email.
The body of the email would have some more details which may include the following things. Starting off with the best email salutations. And talking about the interview and reminding them your experience and skills set. To end the email, you would close it by giving your portfolio and LinkedIn URL with the contact number.
Things to do:
- Send your email as soon as possible after the interview. The best option is within 24 hrs.
- You need to include all of your interviewers, so CC them or just send separate emails to every one of the panels.
- Must include the job position for which you have applied.
- A one line reminder of qualification is important.
- Links to the online portfolio are always important.
- Always proofread your email before hitting the Send button!
Things to avoid while writing a thank you email:
You need to avoid these things when sending your thank you email.
- Don’t stalk your interviewers. It won’t help at all.
- You need to be careful, don’t send your weak points.
- Sending a meme or informal things would ruin all your efforts.
- It’s really bad to send misspelled, grammatically incorrect emails.
Thank you email after interview examples:
The most appropriate email would be like this one.
Other examples can be found on Job Interview Tools
Best Practices When writing Email!
Follow these important guidelines when writing an email for the job.
- Your message must be short and perfect.
- Write a unique message text.
- Creative writing is a must have skill.
- The tone needs to be formal or balanced.
These tips are very effective and acceptable all the time. The first impression is the last impression. So, make sure your impression is great. Good writing skill is always appreciated.
Finally, while sending your thank you email, don’t try to be cute or funny. You need No emoticons 🙁 and no texting language of social media like (LOL). Let’s know if you have something to add to this post.
Images credits: pexels.com
Books to read:
This is what we got for you. Small things work a lot. Hope you like it.