Sufficient sleep is very important for good health. If you have a good health, then you don’t need to worry about anything. Most of the businessmen work very hard and find a few hours for sleeping. More often, they know that sleep deprivation is adversely affecting their health. But they don’t know how dangerous it could be. Lack of sleep can have the following effects on your body:
- Less sleep leaves your brain exhausted. Thus, you would not be able to perform well.
- It results in weakening of immune system. It means you would be more vulnerable to catch diseases, especially respiratory disease.
- Sleep deprivation is one of the major risk factors of obesity, and an obese person is likely to have cardiovascular diseases.
- If you do not get enough good sleep, you will yawn at day time and may fall asleep.
- Successful business ideas you can start with no cash
- Incredible habits of entrepreneurs you should adapt.
Benefits of sufficient sleep:
Sufficient sleep has a great positive impact on your life. How?
- It improves your memory.
- You live longer and healthier.
- Your wounds heal soon.
- It directly affects your performance positively.
- It would result in a good focus on your business.
- You’ll have a healthy weight.
- You would no longer be depressed.
Do you have a problem getting better sleep? Here’s how to get better sleep?
How much sleep do you really need?
When you’re sleeping, your body tries to get ready both mentally and physically for another day. It means to remain fresh, you need some good hours of sleep. But how much sleep do you really need exactly?
In general, we say that the amount of sleep after which an individual wake up refreshed and remain alerted throughout the day. Dr. Watson recommends seven to nine hours sleep per night. According to him, there is a range of hours for different people of different ages. But, most people wake up fresh after having 7-9 hours of sleep.
Sufficient quality sleep is one of the major characters of the successful businessmen. Sleeping hours of some successful businessmen are:
- Bill Gates 7 hours.
- Richard Branson 6 hours.
- Barak Obama 6 hours.
- Rand Fishkin 8 hours
Read more about sleep habits of highly successful people
Side effects of oversleeping
Oversleeping is also linked with a number of health risks. For example, diabetes and heart diseases both increase the risk of death.
- Longer time routine of oversleeping can lead to diabetes.
- Studies show that people who sleep 2 -3 hours more than normal are 21% more likely to get obese.
- Sleeping longer than usual can result in a headache. It usually lasts throughout the day.
- According to research, 15% of the people who are depressed are because of oversleeping.
- Heart diseases are more common in such people.
In medical term, oversleeping is called hypersomnia. Many people having hypersomnia, may have the symptoms:
- Low energy
- Anxiety and depression.
- Memory problems.