The last time I visited an open house job fair, I heard people talking about behavioral interview questions. Let’s talk on this topic as it is very important for the graduating students to understand what kind of interview questions shall be asked. Some interview questions are simple yet very hard to answer. For instance, they usually ask in interview questions, “Tell me about yourself”. There could be a lot of things to tell them but you don’t have to keep putting stuff. You might have heard the expression that says that “The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior” So, things are pretty clear, you gotta be very cautious about your past description because what you portray shall be the image they would make in their minds.
Read also:The Best Thank You Email After Interview
What are the job interview questions to ask?
Interviews starting with behavioral interview questions followed by situation interview questions are thought to be the toughest as these two kinds of question let the interviewer know about your professional behavior in the past as well as what would you do in future if come up with a situation that is harder to deal with.
Most of the interviewer like behavioral interview questions
What are these questions? They starts from “What would you do if…” and are just to test your skills with regards to different situations that may not be usual.
Some of the latest researches show that the new behavioral interviewing is almost 55% predictive of future on-the-job professional behavior, while the usual traditional interviewing is nearly 10% accurate which is nothing as compared to the previous mentioned.
Job interview questions and answers for fresh graduates are usually about their behavioral analysis during their college study while some of the interviewers still prefer the situation based questions. Let’s have some of the sample questions.
Read also: Recording Your Goals and Habits
Top Interview Questions:
In a recent interview, our friend was asked to sell a CNC machine to the interviewer. This was the Programmable Logic Control job interview. They were just testing his situation handling and marketing skills. Some of the questions are …
- When was the last time you persuade someone successfully to agree to your opinion?
- Describe a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills well. How do you handle these situations?
- using good judgment and great logic in solving problems is important, when was the last time you solved a problem logically?
- When was the last time you achieved a scheduled goal?
- Presentation skills are very important to influence someone’s opinion, Have you ever done so? Please explain.
- Give me a specific example of a time when you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree.
- Have you ever written an important document? What was that about?
- Prioritizing your tasks is important, do you agree? How do you do it?
- What is your typical way of dealing with conflict? Give me an example.
- What was the difficult decision you’ve made in the last year?
- When was the last time you motivated others?
- When was the last time you missed an obvious solution to a problem? How did you realize that?
- Please tell me about a time you had to fire a friend. What could be the reason for leaving your job?
So, these are the typical questions which show your past behavior and examiners are supposed to tell about the future prediction in your professional career.